Sobeys Inc. is a proudly Canadian company with 110 years in the food business. Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them
Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
Job Details - Warehouse Driver - Thrifty Foods
Warehouse Driver - Thrifty Foods
04/17/17 19:54:39 (EST)
The RSC (Retail Support Centre) Driver ensures the timely and accurate distribution of goods on behalf of Thrifty Foods. The Drivers will always be cognizant of the integrity and safety of the materials they transport. The Warehouse Driver demonstrates excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills, and commitment to the success of the Thrifty Foods team. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable Thrifty Foods policies and procedures
• Operates equipment correctly and performs duties in a safety conscious manner. Responds promptly and effectively to any safety or operational equipment problems
• Comply with all DMV rules and regulations
• Complete pre-trip inspection in accordance with motor vehicle regulations and submits to supervisor
• Unload and clean trailer upon returning to warehouse, before completion of shift
• Maintain acceptable driving record and a valid Class 1 license at all times
• Retrieve mail for delivery to stores and returns mail to Head Office
• Assist with removal of all merchandise from truck, handling product carefully to avoid damage (retail destinations)
• Inform supervisor of any maintenance issues promptly.
• Sort out pallets as required
• Take inventory count when required
• Ensure paperwork and related documentation is accurate and legible; maintains records and files
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
• Other duties as required
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrates sound judgment and decision making
• Strong interpersonal and team work skills
Educational and Working Experience:
• Valid Class 1 license
• Retail support centre
• Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
• Occasionally lift over 88 lbs
• Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50 lbs
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
• Alertness to other people and vehicles
• Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.